Download PDF: [S] The Punishment for Females
Hadrat Sayyiduna Ali – may Allah be pleased with him – narrates that once Sayyiduna Rasoolullah – may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him – came in front of him and wife, Sayyidah Fatimah – may Allah be pleased with her, and he was weeping. We then asked him the reason for his weeping. He mentioned, “On the night of Me’raj, I saw females in great punishment and now I can imagine that scene and that is why I am weeping.”
Hadrat Sayyiduna Ali – may Allah be pleased with him – then asked him what he had seen. Sayyiduna Rasoolullah – may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him – explained,
“1. I saw a female who was hung by her hair and her skull was open.
- I saw a female who was hanging by her tongue and her hands were protruding through her back.
- I saw a female hanging by her breast and her hands were tied to her back and drops of the cactus plant (or the thorn) was dropped in her throat.
- I saw a female who was hanging and her hands and feet were tied close to the forehead and snakes and scorpions were biting her.
- I saw a female who was eating her own flesh and body and below her, there was a fire.
- I saw a female whose body was been sliced by a scissor of flame.
- There was a female whose face was blackish and she was eating her intestines.
- There was one female who was blind, deaf and dumb and she was locked in a box of fire. Her brains were coming out of her skull and the stench from her was worse than from a leper or someone with a foul disease.
- The head of one female was like that of a pig and her body was like that of an ass. Thousands of different types of punishment was been given to her.
- There was a female who appeared like a dog and snakes and scorpions were entering her mouth and private parts and reappearing from her private parts. The Angels were also hitting her with clubs made from fire.”
Sayyidah Fatimah – may Allah be pleased with her – then stood up and asked, “O by beloved father! The one who is the coolness of my eyes, what did these females do?”
Sayyiduna Rasoolullah – may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him – replied, “O Fatimah! The first female did not cover her hair from strangers. The second female used to trouble her husband verbally. One who abuses her husband verbally, on the Day of Judgement, Allah Almighty will lengthen her tongue seventy hand lengths and it will be tied around her neck. The third female was someone who used to breast feed the child of another person without the permission of her husband. The fourth female used to leave her house without the permission of her husband and never to bathe after Haiz and Nifaas. The fifth female used to beautify herself for others and used to backbite. The sixth female used to display her beauty and parts of her body and walk around. The seventh female, in spite of having the means, never used to make Wudu and never used to perform her Salaah and never used to bathe. The eight female used to be (in the habit) of speaking lies and used to carry tales. The ninth female used to have enmity for her husband.” (Durratun Naasheen)