Download PDF: 40 Kaaf Shareef
Chel Kaaf or 40 Kaaf signifies three verses of six lines which Hadrat Ghous Paak (radi Allahu anhu) wrote as a special supplication addressing his pure heart. Because it is considered as the most classical of classical Arabic, it is important to present this with its proper Harakaat so that complete benefit is achieved by the reader. We also mention a few benefits of this. If one counts the letter Kaaf in these six lines, it will equal to forty in number.
کَفَاکَ رَبُّکَ کَمْ یَکْفِیْکَ وَاکِفَۃً
کِفْکَافُھَا لَکَمِیْنٍ کَانَ مِنْ لُکَکٖ
O my heart! Even before this, your Lord was sufficient for you in removing major calamities (from your path).
At this moment also, He will be sufficient for you and (this Divine Help) is like a major battalion which establishes itself (for the impending battle).
تَکِرُّ کَرًّا کَکَرِّ الْکَرِّ فِیْ کَبَدٖ
تَحْکِیْ مُشَکْشَکَۃً کَلُکْلُکٍ لُکَکٖ
These trials and tribulations are so severe and testing, that it seems to be a strong rope inter twined with each other and it appears to be like one single rope.
And these trials and tribulations are so speedy, fast and heavy that it all seems to one mighty army (coming forward). It seems like a fat healthy animal and like a well-muscled camel.
کَفَاکَ مَابِیْ کَفَاکَ الْکَافِ کُرْبَتَہٗ
یَا کَوْکَبًا کَانَ یَحْکِیْ کَوْکَبَ الْفَلَکٖ
O my heart! That which I consider (as a star in its mightiness in test and tribulation) and looks like a star, the Almighty (azza wa jall) has been sufficient for you in all these trials which have afflicted (and tested) you.
He will also be sufficient for you when (you) the heart becomes sad and troubled (even during trials in the future).
The benefits of reading
- If a person has been overtaken by an evil jinn or an evil effect, this should be read seven times on mustard oil or similar oil and rubbed over the body. Insha Allah, in a few days the person will feel better.
- If a person has consistent headache which never seems to go. He should write these six lines in the last Wednesday of the month of Safar and give it to this person and this person should place it on his head. If he has forgotten this, then he can write this on any last Wednesday of any Islamic month and give it to the person.
- If a person’s eyesight is decreasing, then he should read this seven times on the morning of Friday, that means Thursday after Maghrib and blow on Surmah. He should then use this Surmah in his eyes.
- If a person has tooth ache, he can write these six lines and place it under his tongue or near the soar tooth.
- If he has sore throat, he can place it near that area.
- If a person has a stomach problem, he can read this three times or seven times and blow on the salt and let the person eat this salt.
- This can also be read and blown on water and given to one’s wife so that one gets a good and pious child. If a person forgets the road, he should read it seven times. If a lady’s hair is not getting long, she can read this seven times and blow on a comb and allow the lady to use that comb. One can read it seven times every day for memory and higher intellect.