Download PDF: [S] The Holy Prophet is Hayatun Nabi
There is no doubt that in Islamic history, Imam Tabarani, Allama ibn Al Muqri and Imam Abu Shaikh – may Allah be pleased with them – are indeed recognized as being among the giants of Islam in the field of Ahadith. In fact, the three of them were students in Madina Shareef at the same time.
Once, they experienced such poverty and hunger that they could not manage any longer. They continued to keep fast upon fast. They were beside themselves in hunger. The three of them then went in front of the Roza Shareef and mentioned, “O Prophet of Allah! We are beside ourselves in hunger.”
Imam Tabarani – may Allah be pleased with him – decided to sit next to the Roza Shareef and decided that if death had to come to him, there would be no better place for death to come. However, Allama ibn Al Muqri and Imam Abu Shaikh – may Allah be pleased with them – returned to where they were living.
A few minutes later, someone knocked on the door. When they opened the door, they saw someone from the Alawi family standing at the front door. The person looked very handsome and he also had two servants with him that were carrying plates of food. He mentioned to them that they had complained about their hunger in the blessed presence of the Holy Prophet – may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him – and the Holy Prophet – may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him – had appeared in his dream and informed him about them. He was instructed to bring food for them. He mentioned that the moment he had seen this, whatever he had in his house, he had this prepared quickly and had brought this for them. (Tadkirah Al Huffaz)
From the following incident, a few startling lessons are learnt.
- The immense hardship and difficulty which the students of the past went through did not deter them from seeking knowledge. They bravely went through all of this test and became some of the greatest scholars of their era.
- Most of the time, these students had no money or food but they continued to seek knowledge. Even though on most occasions, they remained hungry and were starving, but they continued their quest for knowledge.
- In present day institutes hot meals are served to students on a regular basis but the only results we get are half-baked productions. Students live in luxury and pleasure and rooms are fitted with heaters and air-condintioners and when these students are asked simple questions, they look at you as if you are from outer space.
- Another important point which is understood from this incident is that the Holy Prophet – may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him – is certainly “Hayaatun Nabi.” He is a Prophet who is alive and is able to see the state and condition of all of creation. The moment we turn to him for help and assistance he is always there to help and he is able to listen to our pleas.
- When we look at the verse of the Qur’an where we are told to approach the Holy Prophet – may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him – when we harm ourselves and ask him to make Du’a for us, this is applicable to every Muslim in every generation whether the person is in Madina Shareef or not. If we say that this is only applicable to those who are in front of the blessed Roza Shareef, then it would mean that this verse of the Qur’an is only meant for those who have the financial means to visit Madina Shareef and this completely un-Islamic.
We need to understand that the Holy Prophet – may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him –will certainly help and assist and be able to hear your pleas no matter which part of the world you find yourself in. This is the reason that he has been referred to as the Mercy for the Universe. If he was only able to assist the people in Madina Shareef, why would he be called a Mercy for the Universe? There are many idiots who completely negate this verse and say that he is unable to help and assist anyone. In answer to this, all we can say to them is that indeed he will never help those who have no Imaan in his help.
As for those who believe in him, like the eminent scholars which we have mentioned, certainly his miracle becomes apparent to all. These people may spend the rest of their pathetic lives seeking Islamic knowledge, but they will never become known as the Imam Tabarani – may Allah be pleased with him – of his era. They may even spend millions , but this grace has been taken by those for whom it was meant.
As for those who believe in the Holy Prophet – may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him – in the proper manner that he should be believed in, certainly, they are able to gain maximum benefit.
Leave a comment