Download PDF: [S] Read Durood Shareef Loudly
A certain Saint mentions the following incident. He narrates:
I once had a very sinful neighbour who used to remain drunk every day to such an extent that he had no idea of what was morning and what was evening. As much as I tried to give him advice, so much so he refused to listen to me. I have even tried to convince him to make Taubah, but that also fell on deaf ears. However, when he passed away, I happened to see him in a dream and was amazed at the state in which I saw him. He was in a most respected position and was wearing the clothing of Jannah.
I was obviously shocked and asked him how he had attained such a position. He explained, “One day, I was in a certain function and people were listening to the speech of a certain Muhaddith. At one moment in his speech, this Muhaddith mentioned that whoever recites the Durood Shareef loudly, for that person Jannah has become compulsory. He then recited the Durood Shareef and I also joined him in reading the Durood Shareef aloud. The others in the same function also recited the Durood Shareef loudly and all of us who were present in that blessed function have been pardoned by Allah Almighty. Therefore, my state which you see today is because of the Barakah of the Durood Shareef.”
- Successful indeed is that person who recites the Durood Shareef upon the beloved Prophet – may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him. There is no doubt that he will continue to be in a place of immense pleasure and happiness, (Jannah).
- If you wish to gain guidance after misguidance, then recite Durood Shareef upon that Prophet – may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him – who brought guidance to us.
- O people! Continue to read the Durood Shareef and attain a life of comfort (in both worlds).
- At the same time, through this, your Lord will choose you for the special place which is meant for you in Jannah.
- You should continue to send Durood upon the blessed Prophet – may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him – as long as the polar star remains in existence. (Ar Roudur Faa’iq fi Al Mawaa’iz Ar Raqaa’iq)
It is very sad to note that in the present age, besides reading the Durood Shareef aloud people even ignore reading the Durood Shareef silently. When they hear the blessed name of the Holy Prophet – may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him, it is like a pardah has appeared in front of their faces and they look blankly in front of them. How many times have we noticed this? When the Moulana or a lecturer asks people to recite the Durood Shareef, some act like the Moulana has insulted them and others act like he had advised them to drink a bitter liquid.
They refuse to believe that what they are doing is for their own benefit. How can you raise the status of the Holy Prophet – may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him – by reading the Durood Shareef or how can you feel that you are doing him a favour. The Allah Almighty has already raised his status and made him the most respected and blessed creation in both worlds. Therefore, whether you die or live, it makes no difference to his blessed personality. When you recite the Durood and salaam, you are only doing yourself a favour and no one else. Bear in mind that when you lower yourself in front of him, only then can you achieve the highest of positions.
It is sad that Muslims would completely ignore reading Durood and Salaam but these same people would find time spending their entire day and night in business when in actuality, it is the special grace of the Holy Prophet – may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him – through which they have attained this wealth.
Remember that the Holy Prophet – may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him – has stated that, “Allah bestows and I am the one who distributes”. May Allah give Muslims the strength to read the Durood and Salaam. Ameen.